Forgot to use 'wall starter' ties on inner leaf.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been working on a wall in my kitchen underneath a window. The wall underneath and to the right of the window only had a single skin wall where it then meets a solid wall of the original house. To the left of the window is a complete cavity wall and I have extended it to underneath the window because lots of moisture was getting through. I will build up the right hand side of the window soon too. However, I completely forgot to tie the new inner leaf into the pre-existing inner leaf to the left and the solid wall to the right with ties. I have tied the wall into the outer leaf perfectly fine but not to the wall physically connected to the new wall. Should I be worried? The wall underneath the window is about 90cm high and 180cm wide. If it is a problem do I have any other option then to take some of the blocks out and put them back in with ties? Any advice would be helpful.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back