formica, high pressure laminate, melamine sheet...where from

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title suggests, used for a multitude of crap and very high priced (kitchens from JL/PJ) furniture..

but ......

where can I get the stuff in sheet form?
Need a piece 110x30cm but not willing to pay a stupid price for it.

Some one must know where I can get it from.

And don't mention formica's site as its pantsman.

Sponsored Links
white, smooth gloss or satin.

Needed it for a job tomorrow for a window sill in a kitchen flat so have now brought some 5mm ply, which will be primed/undercoated and satinwood top coated. And a dam sight cheaper by all accounts.

But a supplier in West/central London would be good to know for other possible rescues.

You will likely have to by a full sheet around 10ft x 4ft, as said price will depend on colour & texture, any decent timber merchants will be able to order you in a sheet, try your lacal Travis Perkins

BTW Melamine Faced chipboard is not a High pressure laminate though if you are trying to match a MFC board then choose a make that do co-ordinated Laminate such as Egger.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Actually was after the laminate itself and not one stuck to chipboard i.e. Conti-Board etc.

Used to be readily available years ago for all those dodgy home furniture projects. Looks like you have to go through a manufacturer these days. Don't know why because its nothing special.

if you only want it 300mm wide then does it need to be laminate?
would sticky backed plastic not do?

you can get that in 300 wide rolls from places like B&Q etc..

you could get in touch with your local cabinet / furniture maker and ask them if they'd be willing to sell to you?

if you only want it 300mm wide then does it need to be laminate?
would sticky backed plastic not do?

you can get that in 300 wide rolls from places like B&Q etc..

you could get in touch with your local cabinet / furniture maker and ask them if they'd be willing to sell to you?

Not really, as I wanted something rigid to cover an existing sill and evostick the laminate to it to give an unblemished surface.

how were you planning on dealing with the bullnose on the sil?

It hasn't got one and is square edged, have some iron on edging strip to deal with that.

It's an old 1920's mansion block of flats in Central London so have to find a solution to the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back