Forum slowing to a stop

We have been looking into this and thus far have not been able to pin it down. If you can keep letting us know when it gets bad we'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for your patience.
Same here but only part-time slowness, it's okay now though

Sponsored Links
Why does everyone automatically assume that a slow connection is the fault of the website being accessed? The delay could emanate anywhere along the connection chain, which in my case is currently eleven routers.

I have the freeware version of Pingplotter installed and I use it to check whenever a site seems particularly slow. Very rarely is it the actual site which is the culprit. The congestion is usually at one of the intermediate routers.

Why does everyone automatically assume that a slow connection is the fault of the website being accessed? The delay could emanate anywhere along the connection chain, which in my case is currently eleven routers.

I have the freeware version of Pingplotter installed and I use it to check whenever a site seems particularly slow. Very rarely is it the actual site which is the culprit. The congestion is usually at one of the intermediate routers.
True it could emanate from anywhere along the chain, including the website itself, rare though it may be. Is it entirely unreasonable to ask the site owner to determine whether there is a fault at his end? :confused:

Thank you for identifyng "pingplotter". Why do you assume that everyone knew it existed in the first place? ;)

Sponsored Links
I've had the "a critical error has occured" screen come up a few times tonight.

Taking ages to open each forum, started some when after mid-day.

Forum really slow intermittently, since last night and getting worse

Forum still a real PITA to use.

Slowing to a standstill for ages, then will suddenly load the page.

Sponsored Links
Back