Foul smell in bathroom since Durgo valve installed

I attended College in the late 80's, we did a lot of Leadwork, roofing, welding, drips etc, (I never did get the hang of it, hence why I prefer pipes...), and some kind of bitumous felt type material, 'Nuralite' I think it was called in memory serves me correctly. Burnt myself in the process of trying to work with that a few times too.

My Gaffer though back then, hated Leadwork, and always said it was a Roofers job. I still have the utmost admiration for anyone who has the skill and patience to work with Lead, it is not a job that can be rushed, or it can very easily go horribly wrong and you need to start again. (Never mind wasting a great lump of material!) He could however, still wipe a joint, although sadly it was not a skill I got chance to learn, as I think the Leadloc's were starting to become the method of choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
When I was at the Old Bailey for a couple of days there was an older plumber who spent lunch times looking over the lead roof on St Pauls.

He was so enthusiastic at seeing so much top quality lead work there. Now only a few roofers seem to want to do it and finding one that does it can be very hard as I have found out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back