found a tiled floor.. how to clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just pulled back some carpet in my hall to reveal black and white tiles. They seem to have some adhesive on top that is like cement. I'm not sure what type of tiles these are, any ideas how to clean them up easily?

I presume its carpet adesive that been put on top of the tiles... its rock hard.

Hope you can help

Sponsored Links
Its more of a cement layer on top of the tiles rather than a tar.

I have a pic... how do I post it? (sorry for stupid question)

Cheers

[/img]

to post an image, look at the bottom of the post window - you can upload new images - you then have to link them in the post.

Sponsored Links
from the pic i'd agree with you, although it may just be years of dust and rubbish thats passed through the carpet. go for the cement residue remover for a start, that should clear most of it. but patience may well need to be a virtue :)

Something like a Lithofin Cement Away ought to do it, but remember to dilute it according to the instructions, and test it on an area that's not too visible before going at the whole floor with it :!:

These things are usually a strong acid, and not all tiles take kindly to it.... :confused:

Good luck

K

the link i posted got removed but it was to lithofin cement residue remover.

follow the instructions and it'll be fine on those as they are unglazed quarries.

Use one of the pads i linked in earlier post too (pm me if you need the links again)

if you can look into aquamix products,..they have the best products out there and are water based...tho stocks are dwindling now...

other
lithofin
ltp
fila
universal

they all have heavy duty removers and sealers for the job in hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back