Foundation depths from ffl or gfl lowest point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm building an extension to the rear of my property and the ground is about 400mm lower from one end to the other as it slopes away. This gives me 600mm below the top blue (dpc) at the lowest point. Do I then have to go down 1metre below this to dig my trench footings or is it 1m below ffl? By the time I get to the highest point it will obviously be about 1.4m deep. If my trench footings are 600mm X 600mm couldn't I just dig 600mm from the lowest point so the concrete finishes at ground level. I was aiming for 375 below dpc to give me 2 blues and 1 trench block but this is now going to be more because of the 600mmlowest point unless I shutter it off? Anyone now the depths from whichpoint I should work to? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Measure depth from surrounding ground level. If ground levels vary you can add a step to the foundation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back