Foundations For Large Shed/Summer House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am hoping to build a summer house/shed combo at the bottom of the garden. I am hoping to build it myself as I won't be able to find something off the shelf that will meet my requirements.

It is going to be one big building with part of it serving as a shed and the other part a summer house, all timber frame and cladding.

It is going to be around 7m long and 4m deep and around 2.4m high.

For a structure this big, what kind of foundations should I be looking to use, I am wanting to do this properly so that I have something solid, don't have damp problems and will have something that can last for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Thinking same, how did it go with the easypads..?

It's still an upcoming project, (this is the final project in a long house and garden refurbishment) but still my intention to use them.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I am also doing similar summerhouse build of 7m x 4.6m and max 2.5m high. I have been thinking of many methods but I have decided to go with concrete slab.

at 28m2 unless you're building it from brick then it'll need building regs sign off so I'd imagine whatever they specify will be what is required?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back