Fox cubs in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

A fox has given birth to six cubs in my garden. My cat whose tail has been bitten off by a fox is terrified to go out. The cubs cannot follow their mother because she jumps up a one foot ledge and they can't. I cannot chase the cubs away because they have nowhere to go. But my garden is now occupied by foxes. I have ended up feeding the cubs bread until I come up with a solution.

Wait until they will be old enough to leave on their own seems to be the answer ?

Does the RSPCA get involved? Ideally I would like them gone immediately.

Sponsored Links
Her Majesty once asked Prince Phillip...
"what hat shall I wear to the Uttoxeter races, dear..."
To which Prince Phillip replied...
"wear the Fox hat..."
To which Her Majesty said...
"I think it's in Staffordshire..."

I'll get me coat.

Sponsored Links
About another couple of weeks and they have dispersed, at the moment they are relying on the Mother to teach them to look for food.

Are you sure it was a fox that bit your cats tail, normally foxes are frightened of cats,

Leave em be, they'll soon go? I don't think the RSPCA will do anything, they don't help injured foxes or owt so doubt they'll be helpful. Pest control is best bet - and please don't feed them as you're encouraging them to stay.

And I agree, it's very very rare that foxes attack cats so sounds like you've been, or the cat, has been unfortunate. I wonder if it was mother protecting it's cubs? Mostly cats and foxes stay away from each other - our git of a cat chases the local fox away most nights and it always pegs it. Anyway, sounds like it won't be a problem as your cat is scared, but keeping him/her in until the foxes have gone may be best thing?

Can't believe my migrant comment got removed lol

Anytime I make a joke on here that is even remotely funny it gets canned ffs ='(

I thought it was funny.

I even expected telling off for 'liking' it.

It wasn't as racist as that washing machine bloke.

Sponsored Links
Back