Frameless Shower Door - Glass to Wall clearance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just signed up, but have been reading on the forums for some time, but could use some guidance.

I am measuring for a custom frameless pivot shower door and fixed panel for an opening 1100mm wide. Fitting this myself - but first one!

Door will be 600mm x 2140mm (400mm top is flat and 200mm slopes into ceiling) also a sloping fixed panel.

Can anyone suggest the gap I should be considering between the walls and the glass and between the door and fixed panel?

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
I think your description has stopped people replying as it is confusing.
I have fitted a glass shower screen where the first 150cm is fixed and then has a pivoting shower screen.

If this is what you have, there should be no gap between the fixing rail and the wall. It should butt up flush and the fixed panel can be positioned and fixed in position once you have your level.

The gap between the fixed panel and Door is set and not adjustable due to the pivot fixings the Door attaches to. Providing you have the fixed panel level there should be no issues.

If you are fitting a standard glass screen the mounting frame still needs to be level. I have had to cut out a channel in the tiles previously as the wall was so far out. I was then able to mount the frame into position and seal it in place. The glass door could then be levelled and fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back