shower door installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys....id like your help again please...ive got a niagara frameless shower enclosure..made by heritage bathrooms...there are no instructions with it although its new...im not sure on how to fix it to the wall...see pics below..
its basically two glass doors that hang either side of the shower tray....the fitting on the right slides over the fitting on the left which is the glass door and hinge unit.....problem is how do i secure it to the wall....

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

Sponsored Links
Contact the manufacturer for instructions but those two long metal strips (for want of a better word) look like wall profiles to me. Hard to see from the pics but it looks like you would secure these to the walls with screws (and a good smear of silicone on the wall facing side) through the top, middle and bottom oblong cut outs. The doors will then slide inside these profiles and be secured by drilling and fixing using some small self tapping screws. You'd normally then silicone on the outside edge of the profiles.

Best to start by contacting the manufacturer though.

undercover said:
stainless screws and silicone in the slots. The slots allow you to get it level and plumb
cheers for that...but my bathroom wall are thermalite blocks...each glass door is about 15kg......what type of plugs and screw shall iuse....i dont want it falling off...

Sponsored Links
This may provide some guidance in lieu of proper instructions. I've got my 20Kg shower screen hung on a stud, tiled wall with regular masonry wall plugs. Usually these things come with a pack of fixings of the correct size which makes me suspect that although the enclosure is new it's not been sourced from a retailer....again contact the manufacturer for guidance.

ChrisR said:
......what type of plugs and screw shall iuse....i dont want it falling off...
I always use nylon parallel plugs, the ones with a bit sticking out each side to stop them twisting. If you want you can push two or three into a hole for a long screw.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=101290&ts=82718
Vastly superior to the plastic ones, same shape, which eg Wickes sell.
cheers chris.....first thing first...still trying to figure on how to secure the shower doors....lol..see my post above giving link to the actual shower......by the way will 8mm nylon wall plus be ok ? or shall i use larger as the glass doors are very heavy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back