Free carrier bags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The other day, we had our first ever home delivery, from Iceland, after going in store and bulk buying. All went well, they loaded the buy into 4x large plastic carrier bags, then the bags into large plastic trays. There was no charge made for the bags - how come? Is there an exception for charging, for home delivery?

Had we bought in store, and carried it home asking for bags to carry it in, we would have been charged for them.

Sponsored Links
This from their website ...

6. Carrier Bags

6.1 Flat fee: We charge a flat fee per delivery for picking, packing and reusable carrier bags (where they are provided). If you have shopped online, the charge will be shown at checkout. If you have shopped in-store and used our carrier bags, this charge will be clearly indicated on your receipt as a carrier bag charge. You may provide your own bags, but we will only use them if the bags are suitable and hygienic to do so.

6. Carrier Bags

6.1 Flat fee: We charge a flat fee per delivery for picking, packing and reusable carrier bags (where they are provided). If you have shopped online, the charge will be shown at checkout. If you have shopped in-store and used our carrier bags, this charge will be clearly indicated on your receipt as a carrier bag charge. You may provide your own bags, but we will only use them if the bags are suitable and hygienic to do so.

I'll see if we still have the receipt, no mention was made at the till, of did we need them.

Sponsored Links
I do self service in the super market and I dont pay for any carrier bags :cool:

some fellow shopper at the check out poked his nose in over the caper , told him to mind is bussiness

Back