it free......................or is it

B

breezer

following a coment in another post made me wonder.
"do any of you offer anything for free" (be you in a trade or work in a shop)

imagine this

you buy a large M from me, i give you a "free bag" to carry it home in.
now although that bag was one of 1,000 that i brought, it still cost me 1p. but that 1p is paid for by you because I incorporated it into the price you paid for the M

Or how about this

special offer this week, buy 3 j's and get free fitting on all of them.

Truth is, if i didnt offer the "free" fitting of the j's you would not want to buy them, and like wise the cost of fitting is in the price.

Or

You can join this website, all for free

(its paid for by the people clicking on the ads, so its free to us, but its paid for by the advertisers)

So, what do you offer for "free" or what is the most odd / unusual / sily thing you have heard of that is "free" (Mr Humphries need not apply)

Sponsored Links
The pubs I drink in all offer free glass hire with every drink bought :LOL:

very good, but its not really free is it, the glass had to be paid for, as do the ones that get broken, and borrowed

When I was self-employed, I used to fit a smoke alarm free of charge (genuinely so) in every OAP's property if they did not have one.

Bought 500 of them for £1.49 each.

Sponsored Links
When I was self-employed, I used to fit a smoke alarm free of charge (genuinely so) in every OAP's property if they did not have one.
So that's £750 you would have given away? :rolleyes: And God only knows how much you could have made by selling them a fitted unit.
Prey tell why you are no longer self employed.

I think that's nice. I'd be made up if someone went to my nans and supplied and fitted a smoke alarm for free.

Gcol, something you have failed to see, is that he gives away £1.49 to probably now be their electrician if other jobs crop up.

Word will get around that he does that, so his name will be around, and people will be more likely to use him.

Thats the sign of a good business man.

Remember, if you're good, people will talk about you, but if you're bad, people will talk about you even more.

Truth is, he only ever fitted 5. The other 495 are on the ceilings of his house. He had to go out and buy 495 nine volt batteries for 10p each a year later. :LOL:

some funny comments, but you can always rely on one cynic :confused:

Fair play to ya for doing that, I hope you did get some referalls from fitting those detectors :)

Mines packed up, when are you coming back to replace it?

Truth is, he only ever fitted 5. The other 495 are on the ceilings of his house. He had to go out and buy 495 nine volt batteries for 10p each a year later. :LOL:

Funny you should say that. I was round at Simon's house just the other day...

IMGP2497.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back