free ice cold drinks all day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i normaly give this tip when we have prolonged sunny spells
as we havent had many sunny summers recently i forgot to post it lol

take a 2 or 3L plastic bottle
fill with chosen drink to half way or slightly below
just make shure when you lay it flat in your deep freeze the liquid is half clear off the mouth
12 hrs later you have 1-1.5L of frozen solid ice that will happily chill several litres off drink throught the day
top up before leaving
if you place a few L in the fridge overnight you can use tis to maximise the volume
all you have to do is to store the drinks in the same box or shaded area with a couple off jackets covering them or watever comes to hand

chears ;)

Sponsored Links
havent seen many ice makers you can use on
a long 'train 'car 'coach journey
on a building site or customers house where your working
or even in you in your workshop or den when you dont want to revisit the fridge

!!!!! ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd never get a bottle in my freezer it's tiny! Looking to upgrade it but can't find a Fridge Freezer that has both a decent sized Fridge and Freezer compartment. We've seen those American style ones. The Fridge side is usually huge but they don't really seem to have a decent sized Freezer compartment. The running costs worry me with those American style ones as well but I'm not sure if that's a founded worry or just me being tight!

Any 'sensible' suggestions lads/lasses?

You not got a shed or old coal bunker for an old chest freezer?

We had one before we moved - great for freezing and storing bulky items like bread etc.

With respect to the OP.........I've read this post twenty + times and still have no idea whats going on after the freezer part........ :confused:

With respect to the OP.........I've read this post twenty + times and still have no idea whats going on after the freezer part........ :confused:
The way I see it is that you freeze a half filled bottle. Then you top it up in the morning with liquid. Then, as the day progresses you drink from the bottle and the unfrozen liquid mixes and defrosts the top layer of the frozen part (hence why you need to keep the opening of the bottle er, open) Instead of the bottle being frozen upright, you lay it on its side to maximise the area of contact between the liquid and the ice.

Simples :LOL: :LOL:

I genuinely appreciate the clarification......... I really couldn't get it.

So this obviously isn't a picnic with the family in the hot sun idea...
(which is what puzzled me)
This is a pop back to the house from the garden idea..... :LOL:
(I thought this was a dragons den moment)
Got it....many thanks.... ;)

I'd never get a bottle in my freezer it's tiny!

you shure about !!! the bottle must lay flat
a pessurised 3l cider bottle 14" long by 4.5" high
a pessurised 2l cider bottle 13" long by 4" high
a square 2lsquash type bottle 13x 3.5

Sponsored Links
Back