free ice cold drinks all day

So this obviously isn't a picnic with the family in the hot sun idea...
(which is what puzzled me)
This is a pop back to the house from the garden idea..... :LOL:
(I thought this was a dragons den moment)
Got it....many thanks.... ;)

yes daneski88 he clarified it well lol

you can apply it any occasion where theres difficulty 'no time 'or finacial reason for not buying cold drinks

train journeys bus journeys car journeys
working in someones house or worst still attic
stuck on the 40th floor of a new tower block ect ect ect
just top up the "ice" bottle every time you use it :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
The point about ice cubes is that they will dilute your preferred drink down whereas bigall's method is all inclusive.

Dear Sir, Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. Whilst your input is humorous may I refer you to my original post...

my words exactly.... boyo.....

So this obviously isn't a picnic with the family in the hot sun idea...
(which is what puzzled me)
This is a pop back to the house from the garden idea..... :LOL:
(I thought this was a dragons den moment)
Got it....many thanks.... ;)

yes daneski88 he clarified it well lol

you can apply it any occasion where theres difficulty 'no time 'or finacial reason for not buying cold drinks

train journeys bus journeys car journeys
working in someones house or worst still attic
stuck on the 40th floor of a new tower block ect ect ect
just top up the "ice" bottle every time you use it :D :D ;)

But it wouldnt last as long as a bag of ice in a good quality cool bag, and with zero fuss........?????????????

Sponsored Links
The point about ice cubes is that they will dilute your preferred drink down whereas bigall's method is all inclusive.

Yep... agreed to a point.
But you might take one bag of ice to work (in a good quality cool bag).....only use a few cubes at a time. Thus lasting nearly all day....
As opposed to a 3L plastic bottle which will melt it's arse off in no time.........and wont fit in a cool bag......??????

But it wouldnt last as long as a bag of ice in a good quality cool bag, and with zero fuss........?????????????

a large lump of ice takes longer to melt than a number of smaller chunks equaling the same volume since the surface area for the absorbtion of heat is larger with the cubes..

as an experiment, fill your ice cube tray then empty the water into a zip-loc bag and put that in the freezer, refill the tray and freeze that also..
next day take out the tray of cubes and the bag of solid ice.
empty both into bowls and see which lot of ice melts first..

I filled a pint glass with ice cubes and they had all melted before I got halfway through a 2L bottle of cola, where as I froze one of those cup drinks ( cola ) and put that in a pint glass, I got through the entire 2L bottle and still had a fair sized chunk of ice to suck when I'd run out of pop..

ice cubes in a combined f/f or fridges tend to be frozen to a higher[less cold] temperature compared to a freezer

freezer =18-21 degrees
ice compartment in a fridge around -5 to 10is
fridge freezer with controls in fridge can be -2 to -18 likly average on a hot day will be around -12is

so on average the bottle has twice the stored cold over the same volume off ice cubes

the thing about my idea is theres theres no[maybe5-10p] costs to the whole set up you carry nothing more than you use
its fully self sufficient and you carry nothing back except maybe empty bottles if you need them for further ice block

and you can set up on the spur off the moment the night before in less than 5 mins

Have to agree but we freeze whole bottles of squash,water whatever and leave them out always get a nice cold slurp,you need two or three with kids though.

It's schoolboy physics mate. Weren't you privately educated too?

no i had the kind of education that teaches you how to have manners and respect others... so in thet vein, rather that hijack this post too... lets take this elsewhere.... ;)

no i had the kind of education that teaches you how to have manners and respect others... so in thet vein, rather that hijack this post too... lets take this elsewhere.... ;)

you boys carry on i dont mind at all :D :D :D :D
oxygen to a good unbiast non racist non sexist cause :LOL: :LOL:

if you preffer twice as many as many litres can be chilled before the frozen object reaches room temperature :eek: :eek: :eek:
or words to that effect that fit in to your reality :D ;)

a large lump of ice takes longer to melt than a number of smaller chunks equaling the same volume since the surface area for the absorbtion of heat is larger with the cubes..

as an experiment, fill your ice cube tray then empty the water into a zip-loc bag and put that in the freezer, refill the tray and freeze that also..
next day take out the tray of cubes and the bag of solid ice.
empty both into bowls and see which lot of ice melts first..

I filled a pint glass with ice cubes and they had all melted before I got halfway through a 2L bottle of cola, where as I froze one of those cup drinks ( cola ) and put that in a pint glass, I got through the entire 2L bottle and still had a fair sized chunk of ice to suck when I'd run out of pop..

So true! That's how the Victorians transported ice, and had buildings constructed to house such ice, as the vast body of ice, melts slower than mushed or crushed ice. I believe that boiled, or de-ionised water freezes quicker than water at room temperature. And anyone putting a plastic bottle full of water into a freezer, must expect an explosion at some time or another?

Everyone must know that red wine must be served at room temperature, and white chilled? But do you know that Vodka must be frozen, until it's served? As it won't freeze. Quite happy in the freezer a bottle of Vodka.

If you put a can of beer/lager in the freezer for 1/2 to 1 hour, depending how cold the freezer is, then open it, and stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute, gotta keep an eye on it, and make sure the microwave don't blow up, boy does the alcohol content get strong! Only advisable for the stupid, or students reading. No need to drink, the beer ejects itself from the can, into your mouth, slowly.

Sponsored Links
Back