freeing up a pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a pump that is clagged up with a greasy residue, i know this is due to running a system without being flushed. what i was wondering is can i free the pump by using a degreaser? if so any ideas what to use? i think the motor is still ok. the pump is a grudfos super 15/60.

Sponsored Links
For how cheap a new pump is I would replace it and have the system flushed professionally otherwise whatever you do the problem will keep coming back :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I charge £350 + VAT for up to 7 radiator system. You could pay between 250 & 600! Get 3 quotes ;)

11 rads i would be looking at the top end then? think i will be having a play myself.

gas4you said:
I charge £350 + VAT for up to 7 radiator system. You could pay between 250 & 600! Get 3 quotes ;)

well you have to make the money you spent ON THAT OVERPRICED PUMP from somewhere :rolleyes:

let me guess glazier school of plumbing and heating :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

1 powerflushing is primarily a show for the customer (screwfix)

2 every system needs a powerflush

3 your dog registered installer should have told you that

4 your warranty will be void if you have not had the system powerflushed and the benchmark is not completed

BO LLOCKS :eek:

it ain't the answer to all ills in a heating system and the only people that tell you it is is the pratts that think owning a pump is the golden goose

YES i do and no i don't use it on every job :evil:

Kev thanks for that :!: Although your posts are somewhat cripitic at times you never stick get a professional on the end of everything like some do.
Awey the lads and all that marra ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back