Freesat cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 8 year old TV which was installed with a freesat satellite dish by the retailer.

There is a double round cable coming in from the dish. One cable fits in the TV, the other is unused but is terminated with an F connector.

Can that cable be used to supply a new TV in another room, or is it limited to use with the existing TV e.g. for recording? And what is the best way to join cables in order to extend them? Finally, for completeness, can the cable - which is marked Webro BSkyB Twin 63 008A - be clipped outside?

Thanks in advance.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Yes, provided the cable is connected to the dish, the other one can be used for another TV or receiver - it's functionally the same as the other one.

To extend, fit F connectors to both pieces of cable and use one of these to join them together:

51AB-8o1xDL._SY355_.jpg

The cable can be used outside.

The only thing you can't do is to split the existing cable for use with 2 or more receivers, each one must have it's own separate cable from the LNB on the dish.

Before you try and use the spare cable for anything, have a look at the dish and make sure there are 2 cables actually connected to the LNB (almost certainly there will be but checking first will save later embarrassment :) )

Just to add to what the other guys have said, I presume the new/other TV is a Freesat model too?

LNB/dish connections only work with Freesat TVs. It's no use for a TV that has just an aerial coax connection.

Sponsored Links
The easy option instead of getting to the dish is disconnect the current feed to the TV and connect the one currently not being used if you get signal you know it’s good. Saves getting a ladder out.

Thanks for input chaps, both cables are connected to the lnb so, fingers crossed, should be fine, when I get the new TV.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back