FREESAT / FREEVIEW AERIAL / DISH INSTALL HELP NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ma renovating my flat and presently ave no wired in aerials etc so all is new. I want to have a standard freeview aerial AND freesat connections to the same 4 locations in my house. I won't bore you with why, we just do. For the record I'm not planning on having sky of any description, but will have one TV with a built in freesat tuner, one with BT vision, and one with built in freeview tuner.

My builders have said they will install the cabling to the socket locations while they are working in the floor and roof voids, so want to get that in this week and then get a sat company around to do the dish etc after the dustywork is done.

from my research to date, can anyone confirm that I will need roughly the following;

digital areial for freeview and a singe cable to each location (presumably from a 4 way splitter). Would this need an amplifier?

A sat dish with Octo LNB (2 cables to each location - 8 cables in total).

WF100 cable (as I've seen reocmmended elsewhere).

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert in these things, but i think you would be advised to fit a rotator to your sat dish in order to pick up more than one sat, and you will need an amplifier.

I ma renovating my flat and presently ave no wired in aerials etc so all is new. I want to have a standard freeview aerial AND freesat connections to the same 4 locations in my house.

That sounds OK but I would suggest getting a powered splitter for the TV aerial unless you are in a VERY strong signal area.
An Octo LNB is a good choice unless you need any future expansion.

FDJ

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice. For interest, it seems it's recommended installing an octo lnb so that I send 2 sat cables to each outlet (4 outlets = 8 cables). This gives you the ability to use a FREESAT dual channel recorder at each location if I want / choose to - future proofing, i believe it's referred to. A standard FREESAT reeiver will run from one cable just fine, but 2 are needed for the recorders.

Thanks for advice re powered splitter, will look into that. More research, what would we do without it...??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back