Freeview reception

This arrived https://cpc.farnell.com/sac/ae0968/28-element-log-periodic-aerial/dp/AP03527?CMP=i-ddd7-00001003 about an hour ago, ordered Sunday, wasn't expecting until Wednesday, so...

Having previously found my roll of CT 100, I put a few yards on it, plus plugs at each end, then sat it looking out the front bay window, pointing in the general direction of the TV transmitter, plugged it in the distribution amp then got to my surprise pretty good (100%) reception on all channels. I then moved it into the far end of the loft, and laid it on a large cardboard box, which was sat on a workbench and plugged it into the main indoor downlead, feeding the 8-way distribution amp. Even with a wet roof, the signal was more than adequate, so I may well leave it at that.

A side effect I have noticed, is that the TV schedule/list seems to appear and be populated much faster.

I shouldn't have been that surprised, my car's in-the-dash digi TV, gets all channels just sat in the garage, providing I open the roller shutter door up.

The original antenna, on a chimney bracket, was one I installed way back in the analogue days, bought from Maplin, and has suffered quite a battering from wind over the years, with bits dropping off it. .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back