freeview TV aerial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?
I am moving to a new house which has a satellite dish and cables coming into the house with connections which look smaller then standard TV aerial connections - is there any way I can connect this to a freeview box is there some kind of adaptor that would work? or is the dish obsolete unless I decide to connect to Sky?

Sponsored Links
Yoe cannot connect a Freeview Receiver to a Sat. dish.
You could either connect a Sky box to it, or a Freesat Receiver, see the www.digitalspy forums. You do not have to subscribe to Sky to receive the Free to Air (FTA) transmissions.
If you prefer Freeview, first check that you can receive it in your area, I prefer to use the predictor on www.wolfbane.com rather than the info via the BBC's site. But the best check is to visit your neighbours & find one who is getting Freeview successfully, or not as the case maybe!

Sponsored Links
if you get hold of an old digibox you can get some sky channels, for a one off payment of £20 you can get more channels from http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk (note there £150 is with a digibox but i dont expect thats worth it) -Ive not tried there services.

but i would render the sky dish useless and buy a freeview box connected to your arial (if you can get freeview in your area), and preferably a freeveiw box with a hard drive for that matter! (note you may need to upgrade arial, but as per the advise above see what friends and neighbors in the area are doing)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back