Freezing On Games

Deluks said:
I'll bet $6,000,000 it's the heat issue.
Well hot-diggerdy-dawg, Deluks. I wonder how you came to that conclusion. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Take the side off your tower.
Vacuum it out.........Carefully.
Position a fan blowing cold air inside your tower.
You will soon know if its a heat issue.

Igorian said:
Sorry to be a pain guys, but driver/directx/software issues, wouldn't prevent the machine from restarting for 5 minutes after it shuts down, as stated in the OP. It has to be a hardware issue of some kind.
Not suggesting just a software problem now but he did say all was ok before reinstalling windows so maybe the games are not performing how they should and causing overheating of graphics cards, processors? could a different mode of operation be causing the difference from how it was before? ie could running the game with Direct X or another format make different payloads on the processing and generate different operating temperatures? Just a guess.

That was my thinking when I suggested looking at the graphics driver. (Obvoiusly I had suggestions to try before that) but as Iggy mentioned, it wouldn't really prevent the startup of the PC for 5 mins.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
That was my thinking when I suggested looking at the graphics driver. (Obvoiusly I had suggestions to try before that) but as Iggy mentioned, it wouldn't really prevent the startup of the PC for 5 mins.
It would if it was hot enough, but my point is what is causing the heat is it a software problem causing the hardware failure?

Back