Freidland SA5 control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am wondering if i could get a little help. I have found in the loft the control panel of my old SA5 alarm, but not the rest of it. I had my shed broken into and all my tools stolen. My neighbour has an old wired strobe alarm and a hard wired pir. Now i know that the SA5 can have up to 6 i think wired points. The alarm box is a ventcroft pcb17.10 could this be linked up to the sa5 as a bit of protection for my shed. I can post pics if required.
Thanks in Anticipation
Mick

Sponsored Links
Alarm,
Thank you for your advice but i havent got a clue where what wire goes dont wanna blow anything up the bell box wiring block has stb- green wire, hold off + red,rtn yellow and trg blue i am not sure where these go in the sa5 the block doesnt say anything like that.

Once again thanks for you assistance........... mick

Actually that is a battery powered panel and will never support that sounder.
You would need some sort of siren, maybe plagiarise the siren from the sounder and try that on its own. Just cut its speaker wires off and connect to the SA5 connections V+ and Ground.

Sponsored Links
Alarm,
Thanks for that. I disconnected the sounders from the board and put them into v+ gnd. Then put the control panel into siren test, hard wired and it went off so far so good.
Now can i connect the tamper switch on the bell box. And then wire in the PIR if so to where on the board. There are 6 terminal blocks the first 2 are 12v, the second 2 are alarm N.C., and the third 2 tamper.
Really do appreciate this.
Mick

Sorry redo that, siren into GRD and OUT.
Then put PIR power into V+ and the lower GRD.

Then the circuits into, (one leg of each ) into GND in between T1 T2 T3 and T4.
Then the other leg of EACH into
T1
T2
T3
T4
That will give you 4 zones.

Then the tampers into The bottom GRD and Tamp in series.

I think anymore and you may overload the panel.

Alarm,
You are a star, it seems to working fine wired it up in the house and tried it works great. Going to put it in its place now. Feel a bit more secure. I know i am being greedy now lol but is there a way for the strobe to run with the siren or is that asking to much.
Thanks again
mick

It is asking too much of the panel. Not enough power available, nor would the relays cope.
I think your lucky getting this far.
It was not designed for a "proper" sounder.

Some more advice, use Duracell batteries as expensive as you can afford.
Not rechargeable ones.
And check the panel on a regular basis.

I know this is me being fussy now, but there is a "Thanks" button
:mrgreen:

Anymore help needed just yell.

But seriously I think you have taken this as far as possible. I would not like be the one to tell you to add anything else and blow it to smithereens.
Next option would be a separate Power Supply with a relay.
Then you could be running flashing floodlights :D

The control panel has a 12v power input and two 6v batteries as back up will i need duracell for those.

Thanks very mate much been a real help. Hope someone can make use of this in the seach facillity.

So just to check with the 12v supply i still cannot connect the strobe just had a look and it has a jumper on the board which in the manual it says that the battery in the siren box can operate it.

Even if you were to run the sounder as a SCB I doubt the unit would like it.
The sounder circuitry with the tamper RTN would be too much still.

Again I had considered this, if it was mine to test and blow up I might try.
The pirs and quiescent current are not what it was actually designed for.
I know they always quote lower, but i`m being careful for you.

Some LED`s on the sounder trigger might be okay. But low MA consumption.

Well,
It is in working with the PIR. Siren would not work at all, but the panel has a built in siren which is pretty loud.
I have found the wirelss alarm box but its a bit big to put on a shed and i need some batteries so i might try utilise something from that.
Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back