French doors advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have recently moved into a new build with french style doors. When we moved in we had a gap at the bottom of the doors and daylight could be seen, so bad we had to plug the gap with kitchen roll to keep the draft out. We were told the part to repair this would be ordered and fitted. Well on Saturday the guy came and fitted a seal. During the job he mentioned that something should have been longer and that it wasn't ideal. I quizzed him If the door was faulty and not up to standard (basically if he was doing a botched repair) and at this point he back tracked and said that it wasn't and it's all fine and not considered faulty. After the job I had a closer look and it doesn't look right to me, can anyone tell from looking at the photos provided if he is fobbing me off and if so what a correct repair would be?
Really appreciate any help, thanks guys.
20200323_073557.jpg
20200323_073541.jpg

Attachments

• 20200323_073609.jpg
    20200323_073609.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back