French Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi please help me anyone,i have a house in france andi need to put 2 extra sockets in a bedroom so do i pull in live neutral an earth from the board to the socket and another live neutral an earth to the other socket, or can i just pull in one set of cables an do the loop in loop out method ending at the last socket and so not having 3 sets of cables back at the board???

Sponsored Links
I don't know French rules but if you were doing in UK you could do either method. The main thing is a 16A socket will be protected by a 16A fuse or MCB and if you run two sockets then if you tried to draw for example 3KW from each it would open the overload device.
However it is unlikely to load the sockets to max and often you can have a number of sockets on one circuit in same way as using a multi-way extension lead.

The other option would be local fuses in UK we don't have the problem as all our plugs are fused but on industrial sites using 16A sockets it is common to have local fuse or MCB so many sockets can be supplied from same supply and the supply is over the 16A.

Each time I visit Europe I buy some of the sockets etc. for the odd items I have with euro plugs and I know they have other items for sale which are not available in UK if it were me I would visit local whole sale outlet and see what is on offer.

I hope someone with more experience of France will answer but hope this will help in mean time.

Sponsored Links
Back