French

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm fitting french doors where my kitchen window used to be and I've a couple of issues. The opening is about 1340mm wide and I'd like to cut that straight down and fit a similar width unit.
B&Q have a 1200mm unit for about £400, but I'll have to build up each side of the wall to fill the gap. Double glazing companies want around 4 times that price :eek: for a made to measure unit, which would be ideal but the price difference is so big.
I'd like to know, what would you do in this situation ? Buy the pricey made to measure unit or go for the cheaper standard one and modify the wall ?
Any recommendations of places who could supply one to fit at a more realistic price ?
P.S. I need to have it installed by a FENSA company or submit for another building regs approval.
Thanks very much :D
P.J.

Sponsored Links
You could try a company called u-fit at doorexpress.com if you're happy to install it yourself? Not a hard job if you're a moderate-to-good DIY-er?
They'll do you some made-to-measure doors for about £500.

The doors seem to be good quality and seem to have all the necessary safety standards, though from personal experience the after-sales supports involves some prompting.

Sponsored Links
You will need approx' 70mm on each side and you could fit a decorative mahogany moulding on each side which will give a nice bulky door frame.
There are many type of moulding to chose from or you could have one made up from the joinery to your taste

mail2neil,

Did you mean this company ? www.u-fit.co.uk

Thanks, might pay P.J. to have them made to measure if the price are reasonable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back