Friday Film Review

M

Moz

The Departed (2006)

Directed by Martin Scorsese ...

Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Boston State Police department and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.....

This was a cracking good film ....its a remake of 'Infernal Affairs', starring Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Anthony Wong ...

I must say I seen both an this is just as good ,

The story is similar , an with Scorsese doing this its a must see film ,
Im finding it hard to tell you more about the story without ruining it for you ,
Its a very fast paced twisting an turning story ...
I was quite unsure about seeing it as it had two of the worst actors in La La land in it Leo DiCaprio an Matt Damon ,

but I was stunned at how EXCELLENT DiCaprio was here .....he was wonderful in this an I take back all I have said regarding him in the past ,
now we have Damon , well he was ok but his Iriosh yank accent lines were either shouted at you or he fell out of the accent ...
Other notable performances were....

Jack Nicholson who was quite good but I feel in the last part of the film the editing was a bit disjointed for his part ?(see what you think ...)

Martin Sheen, was good...
an also we had the cockney Guvner Ray Winstone,
his Iriosh yank accent seemed to be so overacted ....think he had better scenes that were snipped cause it was a long film too
(Directors cut will be a good buy I think )

A special mention should go to Markie Wahlberg (yep ex boyband guy )he CAN act an is quite a memorising actor in his own right ...
The only way the film fell down for me was the Love interest , the actress Vera Farmiga
was good BUT weirdly looked like that one legged ex Mcartney bimbo , I must add she has a beautiful pair of ...............

Eyes ....stunning ..lol
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz..._400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Farmiga, Vera
she was good but if what coincidental to the plot ..

this is a twisty good film an Leo DiCaprio is outstanding , certainly worth a view , 9/10

Sponsored Links
you missed the longest day last sunday Moz, great film! :D

Thermo
I watched it ,
dont you worry ,
as big John told them get those bodies down off there .. lol
an Red swung as a new generation relive that PURE NIGHTMARE in Pc games .....
best film for the landings was the hanks one , without a doubt ...1st 20 mins ,A Classic

anyway never mind that go see this film its a Moz recommend at such a high score ..:)

Sponsored Links
Back