Friday Quiz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished an extension (well almost :cry: )and it's time for the patio. Mrs P stumbled across this picture and now she's fallen in love the paving.

Any ideas on what type of stone it is and where I might lay my hands on some?

Thanks

Andy

patio.jpg

Sponsored Links
got any close ups?

what type of surface is it ie smooth?

could be travertine, could be slate..

could also be coloured and patterned cast conctete..

Unfortunately that's the only picture I have. Mrs P came across it when she was googling for ideas.

The stone looks smooth-ish which is what she's looking for.

I've just googled travertine which does look simular (and quite nice).

Thermo, if one of your customers showed you that photo, what are the options to create a simular look?

Sponsored Links
To be honest id take it to some of my paving merchants and get them to match it, its part of their service. I dont think its travertine, thats normally cut square and has a lot more fissures in it. Looks more like a smooth cut sandstone. Its not something that leaps out as man made from one of the brochures

Keep the missus away from the computer!

LOL...wife+google=grief

So on that note, I'll let Mrs P tour the merchants....my life wouldn't be worth living if I got it wrong :LOL:

the lumps all seem to be a very good fit.

sawn to shape? or painted concrete?

they look like theyve been sawn top fit, unless they are imprinted. There are some wierd shapes which would be to weak to mold, and i cant see any repeating ones either (just now waiting to get shot down in flames!)

the curve (bottom left) looks a little bit contrived as though it has been moulded or shuttered, at least not cut by a regular angle grinder anyhow.

i'm of the opinion that it is a bespoke printed concrete.

if its concrete then i think you are right about being imprinted. Some of the shapes would be too prone to breaking to be individual slabs

i think there is nicer stuff out there anyway pensdown!

You're probably right but most of the patios we've seen look a bit "formal".

I'm bored with concrete paving slabs but trying to find alternatives is not as easy as I first thought.

I much prefer electrical design, I just type in the criteria and up pops the answer! ....I'm not good at the visual stuff :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back