Fridge freezer in cold garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a new fridge freezer so moved my old one into the garage. Due to the recent cold weather the temperature in my garage is lower than that of the thermostat so the fridge freezer shuts off and defrosts. I want to have 2 fridge freezers so is it possible to have some form of heater close to the rear of the fridge to keep it warm enough to function properly?

Sponsored Links
Heating the rear of the frige/freezer wont do anything you need to heat the area the appliance is in and maintain the temp above 10c

Your garage is below -18degree's?
Food can't defrost below freezing point.

Sponsored Links
You would need to put heat inside the fridge. A lot of fridges have a heater on the evaporator, if yours has and it's ok you could fit another, close to where the thermostat fixes to evaporator.
If your evaporator is in the rear wall of fridge I have fitted a freezer stat to the freezer so it will run on the temperature of the freezer. The fridge may get slightly too cold.

Good luck

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back