Fridge freezer sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to replace my Hotpoint Mistral FF (10 years old - ish) with a modern integrated type.

My Mistral capacity (according to the plate) is 205/132 litres but all the integrated ones have advertised capacities quite a bit smaller.

Fair enough, I thought, maybe you lose capacity in return for it being integrated (no free lunch etc) - but it seems the freestanding ones are little larger.

Are capacities smaller now (maybe due to increased insulation) or has the industry changed its measurement standards?

Sponsored Links
Nope, they are always evolving new ways to store things.

We replaced our mistral last year, its fridge fan stopped working, and despite my DIY attempt at changing the thermistors, the fridge was knackered, so we got a new samsung one with a smaller freezer and much larger fridge. Very nice.

integrated fridges have to fit all their gubbins etc into the size of a standard cupboard - you loose quite a bit of space, and space has to be left for the heating coils behind.

The best idea i saw for integrated fridges was in Zakynthos, in fact most fridges there were like this. They all had seperate compressors. The fridge in our hotel room just looked like they had stuck insulated panels inside a cupboard, and stuck a magnetic seal on it, with a compressor in the next cupboard (with vents on the door). Good idea in principle. Truly modular ;) :LOL:

Crafty said:
integrated fridges have to fit all their gubbins etc into the size of a standard cupboard - you loose quite a bit of space, and space has to be left for the heating coils behind.

Maybe losing a bit of depth doesn't matter that much, because we are forever losing things at the back of the fridge but even the freestanding ones are smaller. This is why I thought about the insulation issue because when we bought the Mistral there was a Bosch model which was more efficient for a few £'s more but it was smaller for the same outside dims.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back