Fridge runs too cold

Sponsored Links
I realise this is an ancient thread but unfortunately I have an ancient fridge of exactly this model!

It stopped working, we only realised when the milk went off and the beer got excessively warm. It's a spare fridge.

I have uncovered the connections at the rear, and when I bridge the terminals for the compressor directly onto the mains it runs. So it's safe to assume the stat is u/s.

Unfortunately in the link above for an original stat it is now out of stock. So the question is, should I mess about finding an alternative and hoping it will fit, or should I scrap it at this point?
I hate getting rid of anything that still has life in, but this model is probably well past it's design life now, and it's also got a plastic back!

:eek:

Thanks for any advice.

Addition:
Think I answered my own question. Took out the stat and found it's a very generic Ranco K59. A fiver off eBay, so I'll give it a go - probably not worth my time really, apart from the fact that I'll enjoy the sense of achievement (hopefully)!

Last edited:
The STC-1000 thermostat is designed to be fitted in any refrigeration unit and has a digital display, the Inkbird 308 you can just leave the thermostat bridged and simply plug it in, there are others, the idea of using a digital thermostat is you can set temperature for special use, 12°C for wine as an example. They are used a lot for brewing fridges set to 20°C. And for medical fridges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back