Fridgemaster freezer thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Fridgemaster built-in under-counter freezer Model MTBZ102NG.
Even when the thermostat knob is set to '0', the freezer does not switch off and there is no 'click' from the stat switch at/near that '0' point (as there presumably should be). I have tried twiddling the adjustment screw a couple of turns, in both directions, but that still doesn't allow switch-off. Is further twiddling likely to have the desired effect?
Anyone know where I can source a replacement thermostat ? Fridgemaster and the usual spares suppliers don't seem to stock one and don't even list that model. I haven't found one advertised on Ebay or Gumtree either.
The thermostat is unusual in that, apart from the Earth tag, it has 3 main tags (presumably to cater for the Super Freeze feature of that model freezer), whereas the more common thermostats have only 2 main tags.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back