Front Door + Frame + Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've recently moved into a house built in 1850s. The front door has been replaced at some point and rather than fit an oversized door (it's about 39" across so is lnot standard), they've put some architrave in to fill the gap until the space was more standard.

The architrave has rotted and part of the door frame has gone the same way. It looks like the whole frame needs replacement and if that's being done, it seems more fitting to bring the door back to its original size.

I've just had a quote on this (London Door Company) and including hardware (letterbox, knocker etc) and Banham's locks this comes out to be around £3.5K. :eek:

What thinks people to this? Company is highly professional (it seems) but I really wasn't expecting a price this high - even in London.

ps Any other companies that do this? Having real trouble locating anything...

Sponsored Links
Yes a tad high i think , is that supply only :LOL:
What area of London are you in ?
I'm in London myself but not sure if we are allowed to offer prices or contact details on this forum ?

Well, I've contacted someone off list before. I just can't remember how I did it! I'm in Dalston. Basically up Kingsland Road. Sound like a job you might be interested in.

See your profile and website. Will give you a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back