Front Door Full and Part Input Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I'm currently installing a Pyronix Enforcer v10 in my house.

So far it's going surprisingly smooth considering I'm generally useless at DIY.I have a few queries regarding Full\Part settings. I've read tons of posts but I'm a bit confused.

I've got the following set and I live in a chalet style bungalow so one of the downstairs PIR's can't be used at night. Currently the upstairs has no sensors (coming soon!).

Front Door - Currently included in A & B zones - 07 FX (this is where we'll enter and exit in the day)
Hall PIR (that faces front door) - A & B Zones - 09 ER Part FX
Dining Room PIR - A & B Zones - 06 Intruder
Lounge PIR - A & B Zones - 06 Intruder
Middle Hall - set in A zone only as the PIR faces down stairs toilet - 06 intruder
Office downstairs used very rarely as 3rd bedroom - A & B - 06 Intruder

Sooo.. my first issue is that when I set the alarm I can only choose A or B, not both from the panel. Now I know that as I've put ALL the inputs in A then if I want to do a full set I can technically just choose A. But will the system then class this as 'part set' because both zones A & B aren't chosen? So will this mean that the Hall PIR will actually be in Final Exit mode instead of Entry Mode so it'll have no warning and go off if we walk past it by accident in the night?

I think perhaps I'm getting confused as I've read different posts on Levels being used for part entrys.

My second question is if I wanted my front door & Hall PIR to be set so that in the day it'll allow an entry timer for me to come in and unset the system. But then in the night if the door is opened it'll just trigger the alarm with no warning is this possible?

Last question if I want to omit the 3rd bedroom\office sensor when someone stays over would it be easier to just create a C Zone omitting this sensor?

Hope that all makes sense.

Cheers

Tim

Sponsored Links
Errrr yes .... so the hall is entry route in A ( you can walk by it once a final exit has started ) if activated before full alarm ....ok so far ? In B,C,D ( part sets) this now becomes a final exit and will start the entry timer ...this has all been covered before so try reading some of the other posts to save time ...
Zone type 10 for final exits to be full in part

Thanks for your reply, I did read tons of posts but there is some contradictory information. So to confirm if I arm the system selecting zone A on the panel when I leave this is a full arm as far as the system is concerned not a part set because all the sensors are included in A?

For zone 10 input type the manual says in part mode it acts as an entry input? Doesn't that mean if the door sensor is set to this then in part mode then it'll just start an entry timer rather than just go off like with 06 intruder when opened?

Sorry if I'm being thick here..

Cheers

Tim

Your going to have to try it as there aren't any other zone programming options ....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it all a try on the weekend then and report back in case someone else has the same questions.

One new query does anyone know how I check what Zone B (Part set) arming mode is? Does it default to Timed as I'm not going to be leaving via the front door for part mode so wanted to check this. I'm guessing this is set in a menu I haven't seen yet.

Cheers, Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back