Front Door Keyhole Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a Keyhole Cover for my Front door. It looks a bit like this picture below. Mine is silver chrome.
I looked in my local B&Q but they had none suitable for my type of lock.
Can I get one that screws in or something thanks.

FB2500.jpg

Sponsored Links
In my experience they tend to come as separate items, so for a door with a handle and a mortise lock you will need to buy an escutcheon and a separate handle for the door.

Metal handle?
Buy one of those in link above and use superglue to stick on as that will stick metal to metal really well.

Sponsored Links
Just offer up the plate and drill a couple of holes for the screws then screw into the timber door.Or use small self tapping screws in the handle plate.

Last edited:
You can fit a covered escutcheon on both sides of the key hole. You just need to drill small holes, then small SS bolts and nuts from ebay.

This reminds me I need to do my back door. So, here's a quick 10pm DIY. I don't think my fixings are SS.

Parts:
parts.png

First test of my new china screwdriver chuck, pleased with it:
holes.png

Result:
result1.png

result2.png

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back