Front door stuck locked on latch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! Please!

I can't unlock my front door. It is stuck shut as if it is stuck "on latch", so I can't turn the knob to open it from the inside, and I can't turn the key in the lock to open it from the outside. The lock looks like one of these (http://www.solonsecurity.co.uk/assets/images/products/medium/Replacement-Front-door-Lock.jpg) - although it's not the same. I can't turn the knob on the lock, it is stuck fast. The latch seems to be broken and I can't change it. There is a screw on the lock, but I can't access it, as it is behind the knob which is stuck!! - also I suspect there are screws on the "side" of the lock, which I can't access, as I can't open the door.

Will I permanently damage the lock if I force the knob to turn, or will I just damage the "latch" (a state which I can live with!)?

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Has the lock got a little slider which then locks the knob? Maybe try wriggling this. Or does it have one of those catches in two parts designed to stop someone opening it with a thin blade. You could try tapping against the catch to see if it jogs something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back