Front of Whirlpool dishwasher not holding

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

So the front part of my dishwasher has been falling off from time to time the last while. Often I've been able to fix it by pushing the interior handles into the holes and then pushing it up to click in place from the bottom, but the other day it seems one of the interior handles broke off (as shown in the screenshot, broken handle is at bottom in second screenshot). Now I can clip the front but it doesn't last as long and it's unbalanced with one side being stronger.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Kind Regards.

Attachments

• 20220725_091749687.jpg
    20220725_091749687.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220725_143234515.jpg
    20220725_143234515.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
You could use sikaflex 522 sealant and adhesive to “glue” the door onto the dishwasher front. If you need to remove it in the future a “cheese wire” will cut through it.
Use a clamp to hold it while it sets.

Thanks all, I think I'll get the silkaflex to glue it together. Would get a new part, but I'd be worried about it breaking off again and don't think I'll ever need to cut it back open, but if the need ever arises I'll look into getting a cheese wire.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Bit of an update here, I couldn't get Silkaflex in my local store, but they gave me something like it they recommended (Tec 7 Sealant). I used it, door held for a while.

In the meantime I got a replacement part C00311337 and fitted it.

Unfortunately the dishwasher door still seems weak at the bottom and it fell off again this time breaking the handle.

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement part for this or any other tips to ensure the dishwasher is strong again?

20220804_123909665.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back