Frontera/Cavalier petrol flexible leaking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is on the Frontera but the engine is the same as the cavalier so the same part is probably on both.

One of the two flexible pipes which supplies the petrol supply bussbar from the pump is leaking or shall I say weeping.

Is this a common fault and should I renew both just in case?

Tony

Sponsored Links
This is on the Frontera but the engine is the same as the cavalier so the same part is probably on both.

One of the two flexible pipes which supplies the petrol supply bussbar from the pump is leaking or shall I say weeping.

Is this a common fault and should I renew both just in case?

Tony

Renew both pipes, and also fit new jubilee clips, this is the fuel rail and runs at a high pressure, take no chances.

Wotan

OK I will replace both.

What pressure does it run at?

I have been bidding on fleabay for about two months on a Haynes manual but they are closely contested with lots of bidders but a few days ago I think I have won one at last. Next I will have to see if it actually arrives!

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
pressure should be regulated at around 3 bar. make sure any hose you use it suitable for injection systems. carb hose will work for a short time. max pressure should be written on the hose. halfords used to sell the hose in metre lengths. most branches of unipart (partco) carry it too.

Back