Fruit and veg ‘will run out’ unless Britain charters planes to fly in farm workers from Europe

that's because other countries don't use land as an investment

good old capitalism is the root of the housing crisis in this country -that and a country where 50% of all land is owned by 1%

Most of the UK's 3 billion in EU rebates goes to landowners in the form of subsidies.

Sponsored Links
Most of the UK's 3 billion in EU rebates goes to landowners in the form of subsidies.
Yeah, the CAP is one of the worst bits about the EU. We'll be maintaing it for a few years as part of Brexit, as cutting it instantly is a very bad idea. Then we'll have to choose if it's worth us maintaining it locally or not

Update:
There was fruit and veg in the supermarket today, so we have not run out yet.

Sponsored Links
Different story on twitter I've seen alot of people post up screenshots from the agency thanking them for applying but all applications are filled for pickers. No reports of anyone actually receiving a job offer. I also read the minimum wage is paid then the deduction for accommodation is made. I cant help but think this is a massive fck over for the slaves er fruit pickers.
That's common knowledge filly. But at least those foreigners bailed us out (y)

That's common knowledge filly. But at least those foreigners bailed us out (y)
Have you ever made a positive none loaded comment on here ever :LOL: crikey you're beyond bitter n twisted!

Interesting site this. I don't suppose you have ever visited the DIY sections...? You should try it fest.(y)
Naive comment of the week so far from you, well done, more to come i'm sure (y)

Over 2'000 posts, wow! Most of them in GD.:mrgreen:

It's a sad indictment of my wanting passion to pull away from society and connect with like minded reprobates on here, but you do put me to shame 36k.. phew did you photoshop yourself in that family photo as you were too busy thumbing out another life saver on here i guess, u sad muppet, they day i boast about posts is the day i take up golf, saw my b0llocks off and give them to the needy. :LOL:

However...you go that extra effort to criticise....
Hey keep wig on luv you're not normally that sensitive, I merely made an observation I'm sure many others articulate also.
Night night indeed best you step away or down from the keyboard and hit the reset. Ps I gave you a few more thanks to help bump up your impressive stats (y)

Not really. My mortgage is practically paid up. If I was still renting it would make me poorer when I retire. It makes me happy
Because UK is hard wired that way...other countries not so much

Sponsored Links
Back