Fruit and veg ‘will run out’ unless Britain charters planes to fly in farm workers from Europe

Sponsored Links
What's your post break-down mottie?
If you look, you’ll see I post in plenty of forums other than GD. Either helping people out with cars, my limited plumbing experience, building, trade talk etc etc. It’s a DIY forum. Check out Oopsie's posts and they are ALL GD - absolutely no postings offering help or asking advice about ANYTHING diy related. Just seems strange. He won’t even say whether he's in any of the trades so that people could seek his advice. Strange. Perhaps he asks all his diy questions on General discussion/political/anti-government websites?

Last edited:
Well blow me down with a feather, I cant believe it:

from the Telegraph:
"Efforts to recruit British fruit and veg pickers have been dealt a blow as it emerged only 112 people out of 50,000 applications have taken up roles."

It seems we do need immigrants after all.

Andy11, Durhamplumber and Ryler thought that the solution was staring us in the face:
unemployed people Vs shortage of fruit and veg pickers -problem sorted.

sorry lads, its all in the detail, back to the drawing board eh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Well blow me down with a feather, I cant believe it:

from the Telegraph:
"Efforts to recruit British fruit and veg pickers have been dealt a blow as it emerged only 112 people out of 50,000 applications have taken up roles."

Andy11, Durhamplumber and Ryler thought that the solution was staring us in the face:

sorry lads, its all in the detail, back to the drawing board eh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is that 112 people or 112 pairs of people.

Since tracking apps are apparently all the rage nowadays, maybe we could work out how many brexiteers have applied, let alone got a job?

After all, they wanted to 'take back control'.

So where better to start than UK 'food security'!

There's no motivation when you're being paid not to work; that is the salient detail. In fact it's the only detail Comrade Notch. Up the revolution!

The letter I got told me that while I'm furloughed, I am not allowed to do any work.

Unfortunately the wife does not accept it for DIY decorating. :(

Sponsored Links
Back