Fruit and veg ‘will run out’ unless Britain charters planes to fly in farm workers from Europe

I get the impression that someone recently added to my ignore list is talking about me. 'Roy'. Do one. :LOL:

IMG_5275.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Try reading it again, together with what mottie wrote. It supports his claim to the letter.
Mr Stride would have been right based on the previous month's figures. However, food inflation in Germany, Sweden and Portugal has fallen significantly since March - while the figure for the UK has remained stubbornly high.

Sponsored Links
(Removed)
UK inflation, as measured by the CPI, was 7.9% in the year to June, down from 8.7% in the year to May. UK inflation peaked at 11.1% in October 2022.

EU inflation was 6.4% in June, down from 7.1% in May, In June 2022, EU inflation was 9.6%.

Inflation in the Eurozone is provisionally estimated as 5.3% in July, down from 5.5% in June. Eurozone inflation was 8.9% in July 2022.

In Germany, inflation is provisionally estimated as 6.5% in July, down from 6.8% in June.

In France, inflation is provisionally estimated as 5.0% in July, down from 5.3% in June.

Don't tell others to grow up until you manage to do it.

There’s not that much difference in some EU countries compared to the UK. The way some people go on it’s as if they have zero food inflation and ours is sky rocketing. 2% difference between U.K. and Germany. Peanuts, considering they run the EU and their goods don’t have to cross the channel with all the alleged hold ups and expenses involved it getting food to a non-EU country. Why is that?

The Beeb article says

"food inflation in Germany, Sweden and Portugal has fallen significantly since March - while the figure for the UK has remained stubbornly high."
"In fact, the UK's food inflation in April was higher than the European Union average of 16.4% and higher than all the major European economies."

And, there are 3 main causes of food inflation - war, poor African harvests, and labour shortages. We're the only country with severe labour shortages in agriculture.

At that rate you'll only have those with similar opinions to yourself to talk to.
There's a word for that
Closing down opposite points of view is a left wing woke thing?

It's just the right wingers on here who do it though.

They must call it something different.

I’ve told you about the Brexit bonus - not going to keep repeating myself.
You can't 'repeat yourself' when you never told us about this mythical 'brexit bonus' in the first place...

Best you give up whilst you're behind! :LOL:

Did he forecast that we would get a little crown on beer glasses?

I don't remember him promising that before the referendum.

I’ve told you about the Brexit bonus
Was that weights and measures reverting back to the dreaded and dreadful Imperial measurements, or little crowns on pint pots? I'm pretty sure blue passports have always been on offer should we insist.

Did he forecast that we would get a little crown on beer glasses?

I don't remember him promising that before the referendum.
mottie is probably right now working out whether to put on his rose tinted spectacles or his beer goggles...

Either way he's totally blind to the reality of brexit...

One wonders if he's right now out looking for those unicorns who told him about those 'sunny uplands' and mythical 'bonuses' and wondering why they haven't appeared...

:LOL:

mottie is probably right now working out whether to put on his rose tinted spectacles or his beer goggles...

One wonders if he's right now out looking for those unicorns who told him about those 'sunny uplands' and mythical 'bonuses' and wondering why they haven't appeared...
I’ve had more than my fair share of 'bonuses' over the past few years and I still have one more big one to come. I'll be putting on my 'Thank you very much, Rishi' goggles on when that one comes. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back