fuel pellets from sawdust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have loads of saw dust and thought of re-cycling and making sawdust pellets to use on our open fire rather than chucking it on the local tip.
With low finances we have to make savings where we can and fuel prices are abysmally high as we all know. And can MDF /chipboard saw dust be used or is it risky ie: bonding chemicals used in manufacture.
Any suggestions on how to make blocks/pellets?

Sponsored Links
greengrass wrote

I would suggest a pellet machine for the pellets.
About £12k. :(
Plus you will need a three phase supply to drive it or a big tractor with a pto.

I have loads of saw dust and thought of re-cycling and making sawdust pellets to use on our open fire rather than chucking it on the local tip.
With low finances we have to make savings where we can and fuel prices are abysmally high as we all know. And can MDF /chipboard saw dust be used or is it risky ie: bonding chemicals used in manufacture.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! you are funny Balenza got any more jokes like that?

You seem to have lost the plot. which was the part of 'With low finances we have to make savings' that you didn't understand? or are you in need of illiteracy training/ your local library may help they sometimes run courses for the illiterate.

I think he was merely saying that that is what you'd need to equip yourself with if you wanted to make sawdust pellets. It's not really something for the regular home owner to get into cheaply.

Sponsored Links
I think he was merely saying that that is what you'd need to equip yourself with if you wanted to make sawdust pellets. It's not really something for the regular home owner to get into cheaply.

heeelllooo greengrassi fully agree with gcol the man was being helpfull in his own way :rolleyes: ;)

your comments are a tad harsh but never mind we all have off days ;)

anyway these people do machinery but no prices suggest expensive
http://www.briquetting.co.uk/

I've seen an office in a woodyard feeding their old iron stove with offcuts , sawdust and sweepings from round the yard.

Won't a multifuel burn it? I suppose you need mixed fuel or the sawdust might pack down.

I used to know someone who in hard times had made coal dust and smalls into blocks with a very tiny amount of cement.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! you are funny Balenza got any more jokes like that?

You seem to have lost the plot. which was the part of 'With low finances we have to make savings' that you didn't understand? or are you in need of illiteracy training/ your local library may help they sometimes run courses for the illiterate.

Balenza
May be it was a tad harsh :oops: . If you read this again I apologize! no excuse except I've just got some bills in i'm going to have to meet. No tears please!! hur! hur! We'll manage....Just. Oh by the way on a heating benefit only but it will be less a lot less than my two highest bills after the winer if I ran c/h at a comfortable level. Still have to pay full council tax etc as my meagre savings surpasses the limit and can't draw on them as the interest pays towards the council tax.
I am certainly having off day today I made four spelling mistakes and easy ones too! :oops:

wood yards often do sacks of off cuts 50p-£1 for the tea kitty

if they dont they only burn the stuff so if they dont bag it' for £2 in the tea kitty and a packet off buiscuts every week you could have several sacks off wood ;)

and i give my sawdust to freinds who have animals with the proviso they seive the sawdust and give me back any thing they dont recognise ;)

It's usually done by newbies who haven't tried the
reply.gif
button

greengrass why do you keep quoting yourself? :confused:

STEVE
Two reasons the first I didn't thinK the message was posted Second it doesn't cost or hurt to appologize does it!

HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY
GREENGRASS

sell the sawdust to people with rabbits ;) and try looking in skips they are full of wood :) ,and our local tip will give you as much wood as u want free :D get a multi burner and heat will be free :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back