Furlough (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I'm working for a Rolls Royce (jet engines) employee at present. He says it will be a minimum of 5 years before the airline industry picks up. They are shedding jobs at an alarming rate at his place.

Did you get cash up front?

I have friends who work / have worked at RR. Pretty decent redundancy packages (although possibly not decent enough to pay Nosey's fees in full:mrgreen:)

Clever bugger, aren't you :D.....wish I'd thought of that.
Luck.

I was sat on big losses on Tesla for a while when all the shorters where trying to get the company to collapse and the CEO was busy smoking weed and violating SEC laws.

if you haven’t used your capital gains allowance and have some cash sloshing. The ETFs QQQ and PGHY will give so some offshore hedging.

zoom was a no brainer.

Sponsored Links
My daughter is self employed, and was/is affected by covid so she took the payment for self employed (not sure if it is technically a furlough payment). Since the end of lockdown she has been back working, still nowhere near as busy, so she was going to take the next payment, but as she is in the process of buying a house, she was told by her mortgage advisor that if she took it, she wouldn't be granted the mortgage. So, she hasn't claimed it, yet, but will do after the house goes through. I suppose the point of the post is, **** morals, if you're entitled, claim it.

Where will the extra cash come from though to cover all of this?

A bit of money printing going on too, but yep it will be tax payers. Without it the economy would plunge in to darkness. Once jobs go permanently then you are talking several years of recovery. The extra money is probably balanced. The new scheme will encourage more employers to take the pee.

Me, and anyone else who pays tax.

Anyone know true numbers of how much has been paid out? Its got to be close on 25 billion.

Its alot of money to recover.

Once the current taxes received are usually spent on the usual, there can not be much change left to put back into the pot that the same 25billion came from surely.

I would gladly take 2.5k every three months for doing nothing but it hasn't came from nowhere.

Be interesting to see which pot they raided to pay for all of this.

It’s up to £7.5k every three months. (y)
If earnings etc.

Mine was 2.5k.

Live and learn, bet the traditionalists out and about picked up the full 7.5k eh.

Anyway long story cut short.

Taxes go up to 30 percent in a couple of years, probably more.
Each and every black dog must work til they drop and the clever folk and certain individuals get away free.

Should listen to pegasus, i take it all on youtube.

Corruption right to the top of this system.

Anyhow, just talking and debating to "gamons" (really like that phrase) on who have already lived through it all but come out on top.

Should have bought a heap of bitcoin - back in the day !

“Always plan no matter how improbable it seems. The bill for hindsight is much more expensive than the receipt for foresight.”
― Johnnie Dent Jr. - apparently.
-0-

Should have bought a heap of bitcoin - back in the day !

“Always plan no matter how improbable it seems. The bill for hindsight is much more expensive than the receipt for foresight.”
― Johnnie Dent Jr. - apparently.
-0-

Hindsight.

Last edited:
If earnings etc.

Mine was 2.5k.

Live and learn, bet the traditionalists out and about picked up the full 7.5k eh.

Anyway long story cut short.

Taxes go up to 30 percent in a couple of years, probably more.
Each and every black dog must work til they drop and the clever folk and certain individuals get away free.

Should listen to pegasus, i take it all on youtube.

Corruption right to the top of this system.

Anyhow, just talking and debating to "gamons" (really like that phrase) on who have already lived through it all but come out on top.
Any chance of translating to English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back