Fuse wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a 30amp fuse wire has blown and the cartridge that holds the wire has snapped in two due to my own carelessness. I have bought new fuse wire but I need a new cartridge. Where can I buy the cartridge from? Please help

Sponsored Links
Graeme1 said:
a 30amp fuse wire has blown and the cartridge that holds the wire has snapped in two due to my own carelessness. I have bought new fuse wire but I need a new cartridge. Where can I buy the cartridge from? Please help

probably the same place as you got the fuse wire

if its a wylex standard then its still pretty easy to get the carriers any decent wholesaler will do them and even B&Q have the plug mcbs that can be used to replace them. tlc also do all three types (rewirable cartridge and mcb).

if its not a wylex standard then it could be much harder to get a replacement

do you have a photo of your CU and the carrier?

Its the same cartridge that is on this site, black with the two red dots. The wholesaler that I bought the wire from said they didn't have them, I think I 'll try B&Q.

Sponsored Links
Graeme1 said:
Its the same cartridge that is on this site, black with the two red dots. The wholesaler that I bought the wire from said they didn't have them, I think I 'll try B&Q.

there farily common. i think i have some of those spare

WYR5.JPG

This one?
TLC Direct

Graeme1 said:
B&Q have the mcb replacements for those but not the rewirable or cartridge carriers.

That's the big advantage of fitting a Wylex traditional style board - if you are in an upstairs flat only - their traditional slot in MCB Breakers have remained compatible for some twenty five years according to Wylex - unlike their modern din-rail ones, which change in design and fitting every few years.

Graeme1 said:
The wholesaler that I bought the wire from said they didn't have them

Then they're 5h1t. Wholesalers not carrying stock like that? :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back