Fused spurs and such

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no access to my lighting rings, and want to add an outside light, and a few decorative lights, fed from the front room, am i right in saying that if i use an FCU i can feed this straight off of the socket ring, which is on an RCD rail (i have a split load 16th CU).

Also is there anything against putting cables under the suspended floor downstairs, i cant see any reason not to, but at the moment there is nothing, so im a little unsure

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have no access to my lighting rings, and want to add an outside light, and a few decorative lights, fed from the front room, am i right in saying that if i use an FCU i can feed this straight off of the socket ring, which is on an RCD rail (i have a split load 16th CU).
Yes.

Note that if the cable for the outside light runs outside, i.e. it doesn;t just go through the wall and into the back of the light, it's notifiable

Also is there anything against putting cables under the suspended floor downstairs, i cant see any reason not to, but at the moment there is nothing, so im a little unsure
They should be supported rather than lying on the bare ground.

Do you have any reason to think you've got rats or mice down there?

Remember the rules for cables under floors an for drilling and notching joists and for concealing them in walls.

No expectations of rats, just wasn't sure how the regs affected under floors, I have not got the floorboards up yet, but am expecting to see mud as the house is 100 years old.... Also, as the house has red and black throughout, do I have to label anything to say harmonised cable is in the building now aswell?

Regards

James

Sponsored Links
i plan on just putting a PIR security light, so no outside cable run, is this going to cause a massive problem with RCD trips, or will it be ok for the most?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back