Fuzzy pics from DIYNOT

ree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be worth investigating why DIYNOT posted pics can appear fuzzy on my monitor?
They often clear up and clarify in hours .
I have W7 on a powerful modern PC and monitor.

Sponsored Links
At a guess, I think it may be something to do with waiting for the pictures to download properly.
How fast is your internet connection?

Jeeez, did someone say 'they walk among us' ? FFS.

-0-

JBR,

Thank you for the reply. The speed is 5.4. - down the phone line.
When the issue was last investigated the provider said: "Thats it, thats your speed until we up the whole area."

As i said, it sometimes takes hours, and sometimes next day before the detail in the pic clarifies, and seems to have only begun, or at least been noticed, in the last few months.

Its not a significant amount of detail - just enough to throw me when i give a pic a second look.

Sponsored Links
JBR,

Thank you for the reply. The speed is 5.4. - down the phone line.
When the issue was last investigated the provider said: "Thats it, thats your speed until we up the whole area."

As i said, it sometimes takes hours, and sometimes next day before the detail in the pic clarifies, and seems to have only begun, or at least been noticed, in the last few months.

Its not a significant amount of detail - just enough to throw me when i give a pic a second look.
That seems a perfectly adequate speed to download pictures, especially the standard of pictures on web pages. Beyond that I have no idea, but something seems to be holding up the downloading (or perhaps processing) of the image information if the pictures become of adequate quality after some time.

I think a computer expert would be of more help than I can be.

Should be fast enough as JBR says.
Some image files, JPEG and PNG for sure, I'm not certain about others, can be saved as "Baseline" or "Progressive". Baseline gives the image that builds up line by line, as it downloads to the browser. Progressive gives an image that gradually gets clearer, so that you get an instant look at what's there with larger images.
More than that I don't know. I've just looked at some media here, and they appear to display OK to me whether JPEG or PNG. I'm on a fairly fast fibre connection, but it shouldn't make that much difference, to the point where you are waiting several hours.
Is your browser up to date?
You could try a different browser.

JBR, thanks, and Dave54 thank you too. Your replies were helpful, and at least give me more info.

FWIW: I changed browser's some time ago to attempt to escape this incessant W7 installing 1 for 1 when i try to shut down. I've succeeded with neither of the difficulties. But thanks once again.

JBR, thanks, and Dave54 thank you too. Your replies were helpful, and at least give me more info.

FWIW: I changed browser's some time ago to attempt to escape this incessant W7 installing 1 for 1 when i try to shut down. I've succeeded with neither of the difficulties. But thanks once again.
I don't understand what you mean by this. What is '1 for 1', and how does changing browsers stop Windows trying to install something?
I wonder whether, in attempting to stop an installation in this way, you have somehow compromised the downloading of images.

JBR, just seen your latest post.

"Please dont shut down the computor we are loading 1 for 1 updates" is, roughly speaking, the text every time i attempt to close down my PC.
Its the same every time, and it can continue to run for whatever duration.
I've occasionally had to pull the power plug as the machine would not shut off at the ON/OFF button on the PC case.
Apparently, its a common problem - some users have had the 1 for 1 business loading for days. Changing from chrome to IE and now back to chrome was one suggested possibility - it didn't work.

The image issues were there long before the 1 for 1 issue.

I haven't heard the term '1 for 1 updates' before, but it bears some similarity to a problem I encountered with W7 trying to download Windows Updates. See this thread:
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/windows-update.444568/

It took hours and hours, but eventually the downloads were completed. I later managed to upgrade to W10, btw.

Just a what happened next heads up:

the PC went away for repair, and a diagnostic. something connected with the power cutting out was replaced, and it now appears to be working OK. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Back