G4 led replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The missus decided on an El cheapo extractor fan for the kitchen which came with these pieces of crap fitted to it. 20w 12v g4 fittings. They look awful compared to the cool white leds in the ceiling. I didn't know 12v halogens were even still manufactured.

20171121_093811.jpg 20171121_093801.jpg

The fittings look like they'd just pop out. I haven't measured the holes though. Would led replacement g4s fit these fittings? I have used g9 leds and they are bigger than halogens.

I don't mind rewiring the hood to fit new fittings and voiding the warranty. But the fittings cannot be any deeper due to their location in the hood. I'm guessing that's why they've used g4s.

Sponsored Links
you get disc shaped g4 LED's which fit well in those kinds of fittings, but you'll probably have to change the transformer/power supply for them too

The missus decided on an El cheapo extractor fan for the kitchen
You probably won't have to put up with it for long, then.

What's the betting that inside there's a poor quality PCB full of pointless electronics which, when it breaks, will be irrepairable/irreplaceable and will render the entire unit inoperable?

Sponsored Links
You probably won't have to put up with it for long, then.

What's the betting that inside there's a poor quality PCB full of pointless electronics which, when it breaks, will be irrepairable/irreplaceable and will render the entire unit inoperable?
If I have to rewire it ill show you a picture of its innards to satisfy you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back