Gable end cracking thru brick

Sponsored Links
Sorry - meant to include a picture - I'm new to this

Its in the house Gallery
Crack.jpg

Can you post pics showing any cracks inside the property?
You refer to the render expansion joint I presume.

Have any walls been taken out or lintelled over below the dormer?
Has the gable pike been built with block or bricks - how was it constructed?

I was in Selco the other day. I noticed 1 meter crack stitching bars for £4.60 each, and 1.5Kg tubs of grout for £7.75, all plus VAT.
They had kits for just over £100, with 10 bars, grout and a couple of tools to do the job.

Sponsored Links
Hi Vinn.
There may be other internal cracks that I cant see as the inside has a layer of plasterboard with a inch gap to inner brickwork.
The crack I could see internally mirrors the lhs diagonal crack and is apparent on plastered solid wall in the attic room.
Not sure about the lintel question ( I purchased this in 2013 - extension was donecin 2010).
The gable end is mainly block - with bricks used to fill out the roof connection at the top.

If it was done in lightweight (aerated) concrete blockwork, it could just be normal shrinkage.

Hi Tony
I hope you are right.

But even if its just shrinkage - surely the cracks will need to repaired by replacing bricks - no ?
Any thoughts on approx cost to resolve?

I believe the wall is solid construction with no cavity - but the SE will confirm when he visits in a week
Thanks for the comnent
G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back