Gable ladder noggins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a typical gable ladder it seems that the normal approach is to orient the noggins so that they're perpendicular to the rafter direction.

I've been musing over how much easier it'd be (for the blockwork) to put them in plumb, but then thought the probable reason is that with 175mm deep rafters, I can match the fascia height to 175mm so that the soffits can be fixed to the bottom of the noggins. Does that sound about right?

If it matters, I'll be using 175/50 rafters over a 4m span, planning noggins top and bottom then at 1M centres.

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
It won't be any easier for the blockwork, and won't be useful for nailing to or fixing soffit to, and generally won't be easier than the standard way.

But apart from all that, it may not make much difference.

Thanks. I'll put them in perpendicular then, otherwise like you say, I think I'll end up wasting any time I might have saved faffing trying to fit the soffits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back