Galant 6160EX - tamper.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So one of the PIR's on my system needed a new battery. Took cover off, took batteries out ( no problems so far), put new batteries in, and now coming up with 'Tamper - call Engineer' and system will not set. If I try and make sure that the cover is on properly, the alarm goes off.....

Really? All I did was replace the battery.

Would really welcome help. Totally clueless in this area (so please don't tell me I have been a prat!).....help really would be appreciated.....

Thank you

Julian.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I don't touch the Galant. You could try complete power down disconnect battery, then reconnect, power up and get the lid closed and tamper screw in before the panel boots. Apart from that, you will need the engineer code to reset the tamper.

Sponsored Links
Is it an ADT install. I know they like to lock down their panels. Anyway get an engineer manual and follow the process for defaulting the codes. You should be able to reset the system using the default engineer code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back