Galaxy 2-20 reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
New problem think it might be the board the tamper on zn 15 and zn 18 keep coming up I've programmed the zones as inactive but the tamper still shows any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
I've gone into 51 parameters
46 zone resistance
It's defaulted to 1double balanced
I've changed that to 3 eol
It's sets and activates
And when I go out of engineer mode it comes up
System modules
Was 02 now 02 then goes to normal screen??

Have you got resistor in panel to link zone out ?
Post photo of PCB with zones linked out

image.jpeg
Is this right ?

Sponsored Links
Looks like you have the legs of the resistors on other zones touching each other.
The resistors are in the terminals correctly but should not be touching other resistors in the separate zones.
That could be causing your z15 and z18 issue
When you leave engineering the panel will tell you how many modules you have e.g. 1panel,1 keypad = 2 mods
Premier Elite IR PIRs (AFD-0001).

No just looks like that none r touching .since changing the zone resistance . The tampers are not showing
0- normally closed
1- double balance (default)
2- end of line

Set the panel back to double balanced, as you're just masking issues otherwise. Select display zones and then step through the zones selecting the hash key to display the actual resistance being read. A zone set to spare may show as tamper if no 1k resistor fitted, but it will not stop you exiting engineering mode.

Done that it flashes tamper on zn 15 and zone 18 and on bottom line says 13.42u and o/c

Okay, so open circuit. With the panel power off and your resitors still fitted, what is the resistance between the screw terminals ? If it is above 1k, then your resistors are suspect if the resistance at the screw terminals is around 1k, then the board is faulty and those circuits may be damaged. As per previous, you can just set them as SPARE and the system will ignore them and should exit engineering mode without any issues.

The board you are using is very old. The G2 panels are now at V1.56 for UK firmware.

I had set them as not active instead of spare am testing out tonight see if anything else shows I've also set a user with a code and level 3 and a user with a code and tag . Both codes will set the system and unset after an alarm but not in entry time and the key tag will not set the system but will disarm in entry time and alarm

Got the system to set and unset with tag but still can't with codes during entry time ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back