Galaxy 2-20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Galaxy 2-20 system and would like to connect my doorbell to it so it uses the chime function.
Is this possible?
If so would I need a push button with a N/C contact?
How would I connect and program it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a Galaxy 2-20 system and would like to connect my doorbell to it so it uses the chime function.
Is this possible?
If so would I need a push button with a N/C contact?
How would I connect and program it?

Thanks.
Program as a push to set button.

Sponsored Links
You might find that the Galaxy panel will be too slow to respond to fast button presses of a doorbell to be of any use.

The G2 isn't as flexible in this regard. You can set a zone up as a LINK type and set it to chime. You'll need a normally closed push switch, or a regular push switch wired to a relay in the panel that opens its NC contacts when energised by the bell push. If you have self monitoring, you can get a notification when the bell push is pressed too (not that this provides much benefit other than perhaps looking at cameras or providing a time stamp Etc).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back